Tuesday, April 23, 2013

Views of Sydney

For this visit to Sydney we somehow scored a penthouse apartment on the 13th floor - fantastic views over the suburbs and in the distance Sydney CBD and the Harbour Bridge, although you can't really see that in this pic because of the strong sunshine. There's also lots of birdlife over the river - micky birds, flocks of sulphur-crested cockatoos, magpies and small swift / swallow things like my mate perched on the top right of the photo checking me out. This picture doesn't do it justice, it's a beautiful 180 degree view
 The mooring for the Parramatta 'River cat' is next door and must be a nice way to commute to work, even if it is just a bus that floats...although at low tide there's apparently a section that actually needs a bus to get you through...
Unfortunately I had to leave the bedroom and go to work, no more than 20km away but a journey which took more than an hour each way.
I could have ridden faster, and I'm a slow fat bugger. Slower & fatter every week I spend down here too....

No comments:

Post a Comment