Sunday, April 15, 2012

An unexpected souvenir

Looks like I picked up an unexpected extra when I was in Thailand. On Tuesday I started to develop a bad headache and muscle aches, and by Wednesday the symptoms had developed to include a really prickly skin, a peeling rash over my upper body, constant nausea and backache. And incredible fatigue as well.

I went to the doctors on Thursday and after sighing about my lack of travel jabs he reckoned it was probably just a bad flu, but decided to get some tests done to check for anything more exotic (Tonsai is notorious for dengue fever). That involved a throat swab, a nasal swab, a blood sample & a stool sample and lead to me passing out and then throwing up. Yeah, I've had better weeks.

I get the test results on Tuesday so all I've been doing since then is sleeping - sometimes up to 18 hours a day! I've also lost about 5kg and over an inch off my waistline as I've hardly been eating. Things are on the up now, I'm still sore and can't eat much but I'm starting to feel a bit more like myself again.

Longer term prognosis depends on the test results - more news as it's made......

No comments:

Post a Comment